As part of the signalling works to commission the new siding north of the station, a new location case was required next to the bracket signal. These grey painted steel boxes are unsightly at a 1912 period station. To that end we constructed a timber hut to house the signalling equipment. We used a North Eastern Railway fogmans hut as the basis of the design. A similar hut exists at Goathland at the south end of the loop (see photo). Our hut is constructed with timber boards on a timber frame with a recovered slate roof, all sitting on a new concrete base. The S&T Department have installed all their control equipment inside it for the siding works.